About Me

I am a stay at home mom of three beautiful children. I homeschool my middle child due to life threatening food allergies. I love to create and take on new tasks that I have been inspired to do. Find me on EBay seller name: creationsbyangi. I sell many of the wonderful items I have listed on my blog on Ebay. If you have any special requests please send me an email at mahcb@sbcglobal.net.

Followers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kids Kitchen Creations
















In our home school we teach our son how to cook. Due to his life threatening, to touch, allergies we feel that beginning to teach him to cook "safely" at an early age will only benefit him in the future.
All of our recipes are made allergen free specific to his needs. His allergens include dairy, egg, peanut, tree nut, rice, and potato. When he was diagnosed at 6 months old it was life altering. The first trip to the grocery store we were there over 4 hours and left with only a few bags full of food. Now 4 years later and a lot of research and reading labels we are in and out of the grocery store in no time with a complete cart full. The hardest part was learning how to cook allergen free. Changing all of the wonderful recipes we that we grew up on to recipes that did not contain any of his allergens was a long process.
But again- 4 years later we are pros and can make just about anything you would like to eat but allergy free.
Here are some pics of Connor making cookies for is Dinosaur week at HS. Along with some pics of my sisters children over making Christmas Candy and Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment